Major Wilson Monument

 The seemingly impossible feat of running a railroad across the Blue Ridge at this point after the flood of 1916 was accomplished by native talent.

Major J. W. Wilson was the engineer and guiding genius.

In May 2004 the monument was removed from its place along the railroad tracks to a more prominent place at the renovated depot at Old Fort.